The Probability unit has students developing several models for making probabilistic predictions, topping out at binomial probability.
- Using Plinko to open up the unit with connections to combinations and Pascal’s Triangle
- Run coin and dice experiments in the classroom, constantly
- PCMI has lots of rich questions on counting and probability, as well as an approach to binomial expansion.
- A pop quiz that provides context for binomial probability
- The Monty Hall problem can be done as a class simulation
- Something good for permutations
- A nice connection to the normal distribution curve